Matthew is currently a senior college student enrolled full time as a Computer Science and Engineering major at the University of Nevada, Reno. Although currently specializing in the .NET ecosystem and robotics with three years of industry experience, he is proficient with linux development and is passionate about keeping up with current techonologies. He is a highly motivated and determined person who can bring ideas to life and accomplish goals set before him with a positive attitude and professional work ethic.
Hamilton Company 2014-10 —
- Created many software drivers that allowed third party laboratory robots to integrate with the software that operates the primary liquid handling robots at Hamilton Company such as the Vantage and the ML Star.
- Developed a SiLA device driver for a Solid Phase Extraction device for use in laboratories or for integration into larger instruments. Developed in C++/CLI and C#/.NET.
- Developed part of a large codebase for a Powershell/C#/.NET application that can control Hamilton robots as well as run powershell-based stepwise graphical routines for use by field service personnel in order to test, validate, and use instruments for specific tasks. Utilized the Prism framework, WPF, XAML, TDD, and design principles such as S.O.L.I.D.
- Developed a variety of time-saving powershell-based Instrument Qualification and Manufacturing procedures for the Hamilton Service Software that interface with the devices and drive them to automate field service and manufacturing tasks.
- Worked heavily on a large codebase that provided support for a cutting edge and highly demanded liquid handling robot on software that has been used in the field by scientists, biologists, and chemists for nearly two decades.
- Developed a graphical tool capable of controlling any robot, device, or hardware that is SiLA compliant.
- Developed many in-house tools that sped up production time of software drivers from 2 months to less than a week per driver.
Washoe REOC 2014-10 — 2016-05
- Created a web-enabled, searchable database application of subject experts for use by emergency response teams.
- Architected a database and designed a graphical application using the Entity Framework for object-relational mapping.
- Developed in Visual Studio 2013 with ASP.NET MVC 5, C#, MySQL, LINQ, and Razor markup.
University of Nevada, Reno 2013-08 — 2017-12
- Multivariable Calculus
- Linear Algebra
- 3D Computer Graphics
- Game Engine Architecture
- Automata and Formal Languages
- Computer Algorithms
- Discrete Mathematics
- Programming Languages
- Operating Systems
2D/3D Computer Graphics